Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Upset? Do something.

I am horrified by the bombings at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. I want to do something to help. I am one person, but I can help.

I can get involved with the Red Cross Response.

Six weeks ago Scott and I donated blood at a mobile Red Cross donation center. This weekend we both got notices in the mail of how our blood was being used:


My blood type, A negative, is rare in the US (Wikipedia has a table with the approximate distributions of blood types), but my blood can be used by over 51% of the US population (A negative, A positive, AB negative, and AB positive).

I can donate every 56 days. It has been 45 days since I last donated, which means it's the perfect time to make an appointment to go back in.

I'm upset, and I'm going to do something about it.

No comments: