Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hello December

It's been a pretty busy few weeks. We traveled to Nebraska where husband gave a talk at the University of Nebraksa-Lincoln, and I talked at UNL and Creighton. It was a great trip, and I was very impressed with both schools. I was surprised by how different the schools looked to me now (as a postdoc, and perhaps potential career opportunity) versus when I was an undergraduate student. 

Then, we got back and started getting back into the research groove, only to find out on Monday that our daycare is closing at the end of the month, so we have two weeks (because daycares close for the end of the year) to find a new daycare for January.

There is lots of good news, too! 
- The last paper from my thesis was accepted for publication (write-up coming soon).
- A manuscript from research done during my postdoc (selection on the Y chromosome) is out for review.
- I received a totally new dataset (RNAseq from humans with Rheumatoid Arthritis) to analyze, and have been learning how to interact with the newest computational cluster on campus, as well as run new software. So exciting!!
- Another postdoc and I are working on some cool ideas for a new project together looking at convergent evolution.
- I'm very positive that a manuscript studying the evolution of strata on the sex chromosomes will be ready to submit by the end of the month. 
- And many other good things to come.




No comments: