Wednesday, February 23, 2011

liquid gold

Again, sharing someone else's thoughts, which are generally more coherent than mine right now.

I've been saving these up, intending to share them here (as well as some of my own thoughts), but the time seems to pass too quickly.

So, while I wait for Scott to get home so I can head into work, here is a brief summary of why breastmilk might just be considered liquid gold.

Luckily, we've been pretty fortunate when it comes to nursing and pumping at work, although it certainly takes a chunk out of my day. Unlike the computation listed above, I would have to add an extra 10 to 15 minutes for the time it takes me to walk to the room where I'm allowed to pump, setup, cleanup and then return to my lab and sterilize the equipment. Really, it would be so, so much easier to be able to setup and pump in my office (which I do on the weekends, and saves me a ton of time, not only in commuting, but because I can continue to work while pumping). But, Penn State doesn't protect pumping anywhere, the same way they do with nursing a child.

No comments: